Robert Frank, the acclaimed Swiss-American photographer and documentary filmmaker, once said: “There is one thing the photograph must contain, the humanity of the moment.” (1)
We live in a world where humanity can be a dark, grim place. However, the opposite is also true, which is why we have compiled these photographs.
Yes, a photograph is worth a thousand words. But sometimes, a photograph is worth a feeling that you cannot even begin to put into words. And the ones we’re showing you today, we hope, will fill you with positive feelings as opposed to negative ones.
1. This cute animal isÂ called aÂ Vaquita and they live inÂ the northern Gulf ofÂ California. There are only 12Â ofÂ them left.
2. â€œIÂ gave aÂ girl inÂ myÂ Malagasy village aÂ small Lego set. She came back and asked ifÂ what she made wasÂ OK.â€�
3. Pieces ofÂ the Moon and Mars inÂ anÂ Earthlingâ€™s hand
4. AÂ single mother ofÂ 5Â children managed toÂ graduate from law school. â€œWeÂ didÂ it!â€�
5. The last minutes ofÂ life ofÂ the worldâ€™s last male northern white rhino
6. Pro football player Don Jones took aÂ teen with Down Syndrome toÂ her prom.
7. AÂ dog hugging its owner
8. Forgotten childhood
9. 58Â years ofÂ progress
10. AÂ man wearing aÂ Mickey Mouse costume stopped toÂ look atÂ expensive cars.
11. â€œIâ€™ve been aÂ wedding photographer for over 14Â years and finally got toÂ photograph myÂ own beautiful bride.â€�
12. â€œMyÂ mom was pregnant with meÂ soÂ she missed her senior prom. 18Â years later, IÂ took her toÂ mine.â€�
13. â€œShe brought all ofÂ her toys over soÂ the mirror doggy could play with them.â€�
14. AÂ Statue inÂ Berlin ofÂ â€œPoliticians Discussing Global Warmingâ€�
15. â€œOur cow wasnâ€™t feeling well last night. SoÂ myÂ son went outside toÂ spend time with her. IÂ woke upÂ inÂ the morning and found this:â€�
We hope you found as much joy in those photographs as we did!
The post 15 Powerful Photographs That Will Impress Even The Most Cynical Person appeared first on The Hearty Soul.