In this episode ofÂ The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua & Ryan chat about experiences, regrets, the adventures of moving to to a new city, and the cost of bad habits, and they answer the following questions:
- How do I avoid getting mired in the materialism of city life when I move there from my rural residence?
- How can I spend time out and about with my friends without spending an inordinate amount of money?
- Is it better to follow the tried and tested route based on other peoplesâ€™ experiences, or is it better to take risks and enjoy your own experiences?
- How do I better internalize the lessons from the good and bad experiences of my past?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- â€œLive your life for you and you can be communicative, you can express yourself, without having to impress others.â€�
- â€œDo what others do unless you have a good reason not to.â€�
- â€œLearning from othersâ€™ mistakes is a good idea, as is learning from othersâ€™ successes, but thereâ€™s rarely only one way to do something.â€�
- â€œLearnâ€”then let go.â€�
- â€œIf you wouldnâ€™t beat up a loved one for their past mistakes, don’t beat yourself up for yours.â€�
Mentioned in This Episode
- Bag: Pakt One
- Patreon: The Minimalists
- Added Value: Akimbo
- Added Value: Disgraceful
- Added Value: â€œKiller + The Soundâ€�
- Added Value: Paranoia
- Added Value: Wind River
- Book: 12 Rules for Life
- Book: Essential
- Book: Everything That Remains
- Book: Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life
- Essay: Consumerism Is the Original Virtue Signaling
- Essay: Most Emergencies Arenâ€™t
- Essay: Scrolling Is the New Smoking
- Explore: Downtown L.A.
- Explore: Echo Park
- Explore: Hollyhock House
- Explore: Los Feliz
- Explore: Pasadena
- Explore: Santa Monica
- Explore: Silver Lake
- Explore: Studio City
- Explore: Venice
- Explore: Voda Spa
- Explore: West Hollywood
- Instagram: Jessica Williams
- Instagram: Podcast Shawn
- Listen: Parlor Hawk
- Meetup: Meetup.com
- Meetup: Minimalist.org
- Newsletter: The Minimalists
- Podcast: Decorations
- Podcast: Food
- Podcast: Relocating
- Podcast: School
- Support: The Minimalists
- Twitter: Ella Sandwich
- Watch: Matt D’Avella
- Watch: Minimalism Documentary
- Website: Matt D’Avella
- Website: Minimal Maxims
- Website: Minimal Wellness
- Website: Minimalism Life
- Workshop: How to Write Better
This episode was produced by Shawn Harding. Our theme music was written and performed by Peter Doran. Our podcast is completely free, so if you find value in these episodes, please consider donating a dollar. Your donations help keep this podcast advertisement-free (because advertisements suck).
If you’d like to comment on the podcast, you can leave a review on Apple Podcasts. Not only do we read every review, but positive reviewsÂ also help our simple-living message reach more ears.