In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua & Ryan talk about reducing excess stuff, including some of the things that might add value to your life, and they answer the following questions:
- How do I appropriately address the frustration I experience when I lose any of the few things I truly value?
- How do I determine if any family items are heirlooms to be saved for future generations?
- Should I minimize gradually or quickly?
- How do I minimize dispassionately?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- â€œLetting go is instantaneous; letting go takes forever.â€�
- â€œPhysical attachments to material items are non-transferrable.â€�
- â€œLetting go of our stuff hurts us only when we conflate material with meaning.â€�
- â€œIf news is always breaking, then itâ€™s broken.â€�
Mentioned in This Episode
- Added Value: Addicted to Outrage
- Added Value: Lewis Howes
- Added Value: Suncity Khalid
- Book: Essential
- Book: Everything That Remains
- Essay: A Simple Year
- Essay: Fake Outrage
- Essay: Screenless Saturdays
- Instagram: Podcast Shawn
- Instagram: Jessica Williams
- Patreon: The Minimalists
- Podcast: Love
- Podcast: Masks
- Subscribe: The Minimalists
- Support: The Minimalists
- Watch: Matt Dâ€™Avella
- Watch: Fulfillment in Life
- Watch: Minimalism Documentary
- Website: Jordan Moore
- Website: Cal Newport