In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua & Ryan discuss freedom, travel, an introduction to minimalism, and the new American Dream with author, podcaster, and intrepid traveler Colin Wright, and they answer the following questions:
- Is homeownership still an ideal goal?
- What is considered freedom today, and how do we gain more freedom in our lives?
- How have your social interactions during your travels enriched your worldview?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “The right investment for somebody could be the wrong investment for everybody else.” —Colin Wright
- “Our freedom corresponds directly with our ability to walk away from anything.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “Debt-free is the new American Dream.” —Ryan Nicodemus
- “Your perspectives shape your worldview; your worldview shapes your life.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “To live life to the fullest, we must seek different perspectives—no matter how uncomfortable they make us.” —Ryan Nicodemus
Mentioned in This Episode
- Added Value: Gold in a Brass Age
- Book: Discipline Equals Freedom
- Book: Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life
- Essay: Prepared to Walk Away
- Instagram: Podcast Shawn
- Instagram: Jessica Williams
- Patreon: The Minimalists
- Podcast: Chris Hogan
- Podcast: Let’s Know Things
- Subscribe: The Minimalists
- Twitter: Colin Wright
- Website: Exile Lifestyle
- Website: Intentional Social
- Website: Jordan Moore
- Website: Colin Wright