In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua and Ryan discuss financial independence, spending habits, and solving money problems with filmmaker Travis Shakespeare, and they answer the following questions:
- How do I pay off debt when I’m only earning enough money to pay for life’s essentials?
- How do I save and invest with the earnings from a minimum-wage job?
- Is financial independence necessary for a minimalist, and, if so, what is the first baby step toward that journey?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “Debt is a spiritual poison.” —Travis Shakespeare
- “We can’t maximize life with minimum effort.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “Money isn’t everything, but it’s also not nothing.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “Money won’t solve all your problems, but it will solve your money problems.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
Mentioned in This Episode
- App: Every Dollar
- Book: Essential
- Book: Side Hustle
- Book: Your Money or Your Life
- Essay: Financial Freedom
- Essay: Killing Your $1,000 Grocery Bill
- Instagram: Podcast Shawn
- Instagram: Jessica Williams
- Patreon: The Minimalists
- Podcast: T.K. Coleman
- Podcast: Chris Guillebeau
- Subscribe: The Minimalists
- Twitter: Travis Shakespeare
- Watch: Playing with FIRE
- Website: Jordan Moore