In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua and Ryan talk about 80-hour work weeks, packed schedules, endless meetings, overflowing inboxes, unrealistic deadlines, and bringing our work home with us with author and entrepreneur Jason Fried, and they answer the following questions:
- How do I balance my professional life and my personal life so it doesn’t feel like I’m just living to work?
- What can I do to help temper the intensity of my company’s culture?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “Be the calm you want to see in the workplace.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “You needn’t be a vessel into which others pour their stress and anxiety.” —Ryan Nicodemus
Mentioned in This Episode
- Added Value: Here, Right Now
- Added Value: “Here, Right Now”
- Blog: Signal vs. Noise
- Book: It Doesn’t Have to Be Crazy at Work
- Book: Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life
- Course: How to Write Better
- Instagram: Jordan Moore
- Instagram: Podcast Shawn
- Instagram: Jessica Williams
- Patreon: The Minimalists
- Podcast: The Rework Podcast
- Subscribe: The Minimalists
- Twitter: Jason Fried
- Watch: Why Work Doesn’t Happen at Work
- Website: Basecamp