In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua talks about hormones—both female and male hormones—and how they change in our 30s, 40s, 50s, and beyond; what we can do to optimize our hormones to get the best out of life; how our hormones affect our sleep, stress, mood, energy, and sex drive; and how diet, sleep, sunlight, and exercise affect our hormones with registered dietitian Becca Shern and regenerative medicine expert Adam Lamb, and they answer the following questions:
- What are hormones?
- Do hormones work in conjunction with one another?
- Is ‘normal’ actually ‘optimal’ or ‘good’?
- What are some warning signs of hormone imbalance?
- How do I determine if hormone replacement therapy is right for me?
- How does stress affect our hormones?
- Can hormonal birth control negatively affect testosterone levels in females?
- How do hormones affect sex drive?
- What’s the link between hormones, anxiety, and depression?
- Why does testosterone seem to be the silver-bullet hormone for so many people?
- Can testosterone help with thyroid issues?
- What’s the best way to determine hormone levels?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “When you feel off, stop guessing—start testing.” —Adam Lamb
- “It’s hard to fix a problem without a name.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “Data is good, but it’s useless without corrective and supportive lifestyles.” —Becca Shern
Mentioned in This Episode
- Added Value: Katerina
- Book: Better Than the Binge
- Essay: How to Understand Your Values
- Instagram: Adam Lamb
- Instagram: Minimal Wellness
- Instagram: Jordan Moore
- Instagram: Podcast Shawn
- Instagram: Jessica Williams
- Patreon: The Minimalists
- Resources: The Minimalists
- Subscribe: The Minimalists
- Text: 937-202-4654
- Tour: The Minimalists
- Twitter: Adam Lamb
- Website: Minimal Wellness
- Website: Minimalism Life
- Website: Renew Life Rx