Cooking at home more often instead of eating out or ordering in is a resolution or goal that many of us set for ourselves but struggle to fall through on. We buy things like boneless, skinless chicken breast in an attempt to make it easier, but there’s still that annoying tendon running through each piece. Well, thanks to this woman’s TikTok video showing an incredibly fast and easy tendon-removing chicken tip, you can spend less time struggling with a knife and more time enjoying your meal.
Amazing Chicken Tips for Removing the White Tendon
When Mandy Klentz learned how to remove the white tendon out of a chicken breast using just a fork and a paper towel, she knew she had to share it with the world. She posted the video on her TikTok, which has now been viewed more than 4 million times.
This trick is so easy, it’s a wonder how none of us have been taught it before. A total dinner time game changer, all you need is a fork and something to help you grip the tendon. The steps are as follows:
- Position the tendon between two prongs of the fork, making sure it’s all the way in.
- Using the paper towel for grip, grab the end of the tendon between your fingers.
- Use the fork to push down on the chicken breast and watch as the tendon easily pulls away from the meat.
Thanks to Mandy, now none of us have to spend an extra 10 to 15 minutes struggling with a knife to cut out that annoying little tendon.
More Chicken Tips
Now that you’ve got your tendon removed, you have to cook the breasts. Chicken breasts are known for being pretty bland and are often accused of being too dry. Check out this method from thekitchn.com for a fool-proof way to have juicy, flavourful chicken breasts every single time:
- Flatten: Using a wide-bottomed jar or glass, flatten your chicken breasts so they are an even thickness throughout.
- Season: Season both sides lightly with salt and pepper.
- Heat: Heat a frying pan large enough to fit each breast over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add oil or butter to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Cook: Turn the pan down to medium heat and add your chicken breasts. Cook for one minute so that they are lightly golden on one side.
- Flip: Using tongs (not a fork – you don’t want to puncture them!) flip each breast over.
- Reduce: Turn the heat down to low.
- Cover: Put a tight-fitting lid over the pan and cook for 10 minutes completely undisturbed. Don’t lift the lid to check on them, not even once.
- Heat off: When the 10 minutes are up, turn off the heat without removing the lid. Again, no peeking! If you have an electric stove, remove it from the burner. Set the timer again for 10 minutes and leave the chicken alone.
- Remove: After the second 10 minutes, remove the lid and use a meat thermometer to ensure the breasts are cooked through. Slice, and enjoy!
For more tips on seasoning and flavoring the breasts, check out their blog posts here.
Keep Reading: 20 Secret Kitchen Hacks Which Only Chefs Know
The post The Game-Changing Hack for Removing the White Tendons From Chicken Breasts We All Need To Know appeared first on The Hearty Soul.