As the temperature drops, the rate of colds and flu skyrockets.
You will most likely be a victim of an attack by these pesky germs this cold season.
Rather than instantly reaching for store bought cough syrup (make your own instead!), over-the-counter cold pills, or prescription antibiotics, how about downing something a little closer to nature.
This amazing cold and flu master tonic is ridiculously easy to make, highly effective, wonâ€™t break the bank and will last you for years!
The Health Benefits
This cold and flu tonic is jam packed with natural ingredients with potent therapeutic power.
This spicy root warms the body, causing you to sweat and expel toxins. If youâ€™re suffering from an upset stomach, it can even soothe gastrointestinal problems.
This ancient spiceÂ is perfect for anyone suffering from a cold. It has immune boosting capabilities, can improve your digestion, possess anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antiviral properties. Itâ€™s an all around holy grail of health.
Onions are a rich source of Quercetin, a powerful antioxidant that has a multitude of wonderful benefits. Including anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, and anticancer properties.
Apple Cider Vinegar
As you probably already know, this vinegar is aÂ health powerhouse.Â It helps your body eliminate toxins, soothes a sore throat, promotes healthy digestion, boosts your immune system andÂ relieves sinus infections.
These flaming hot peppers arenâ€™t just for a little extra flavor kick. Capsaicin, the active ingredients in peppers, works as a potent pain reliever and anti-inflammatory.
Not only does it keep away vampires, it also deters nasty bacteria, functioning as an antiviral, anti-fungal and antibiotic.
- 2-inch fresh ginger root
- 1 tbspÂ organic turmeric powder
- 1 whole head of garlic (peeled)
- 1 organic white onion
- 16 oz.Â raw apple cider vinegar
- 4 jalapenos (stems removed)
- Wash ingredients
- Chop and place in high powered blender
- Add apple cider vinegar and blend on high until smooth
- Pour into aÂ glass jar.
- Cover with lid.
- Cover jar with aÂ towel.
- Shake once daily while infusing.
- Let sit on the counter for 4 weeks.
- Strain through aÂ mesh strainer and put liquid back in aÂ glass container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 years! ( Seriously, 2 years)
How to use:
- Take 2 Tbsp three times daily at the first sign of a cold
- Gargle and swallow full strength (do not dilute)
- Take 4 times daily if already sick
- Mix with a spoonful of honey if you need help getting it down
Note: Ginger and garlic can increase blood flow by naturally thinning the blood. Talk with your doctor before consuming large quantities of either of these if youâ€™re already on a blood thinner.
The post This 6-Ingredient Elixir Can Kill Infections in the Body and Destroy Viruses appeared first on The Hearty Soul.