Pops. Dada. Ye old man. Whatever it is that we call fathers these days, the definition now seems to include activities such as:
A) Googling “lego nasal extraction”
B) Falling asleep five minutes after starting a movie
C) Shouting “Mayday!” through a baby monitor (My kids are bigger now, but this really happened)
Though the exact activities may look a little different in each family, there’s no doubt that dads are worth celebrating. With that in mind, I’ve put together a list of Father’s Day gift ideas that guys will actually love. If you have a gift idea that you don’t see listed, please share it in the comments below!
Father’s Day Gift Ideas Under $30
1. 100 Parks, 5,000 Ideas: Where To Go, When To Go, What To See, What To Do – For the guy that’s craving a little adventure, this National Geographic guide to U.S. and Canadian parks is perfect for planning family experiences.
2. Four Sigmatic Powdered Coffee With Adaptogenic Mushrooms (SAVE 15% WITH CODE MP15) – Infused with mushrooms that support brain function and help the body adapt to stress, Four Sigmatic powdered coffees just need to be mixed with water. My husband and I always keep a few packages stashed away in our bags – my purse, his satchel – for coffee emergencies. 🙂
3. Shower Scalp Massager – In addition to just feeling amazing, this scalp massager removes dandruff and/or hair product buildup and helps clear clogged follicles. (Clogged follicles impair normal hair growth.)
4. Striking Viking Beard Oil Set – Crafted with organic ingredients, this set contains four blends (Vanilla, Citrus, Cedar & Sandalwood) that soften beard scruff and moisturize facial skin.
5. Honest Amish Beard Balm – If your guy’s beard needs deep conditioning power, this balm is the way to go. It’s made with organic oils and natural butters like hokum and cocoa butter, plus organic essential oils.
6. YETI Tumbler – We’ve had these for years and love how well they keep drinks hot/cold. They’re also extremely durable and dishwasher safe.
7. Grilling and BBQ Spices from Primal Palate – For the guy that loves to grill, these spice sets are perfect for infusing big flavor:
- Signature Blend Pack – Barbecue Rub, Adobo Seasoning, and Meat & Potatoes Seasoning
- Griddle & Grill Pack – Steak Seasoning, Taco Seasoning, & Seafood Seasoning
8. Portable Hammock for Backyard, Beach, Hiking, and Camping – This strong, lightweight hammock is easy to setup and very durable.
9. LifeStraw Personal Water Filter – LifeStraw converts any water supply to clean, drinkable water without a long or complicated filtration process. Great for travel, camping, hiking and emergency preparedness.
10. Massage Lacrosse Balls for Myofascial Release, Trigger Point Therapy, Muscle Knots, and Yoga Therapy – To use these, just tell the recipient to place the ball on the area with muscle tension and then lean their weight onto it. Super easy and so helpful!
Gift Ideas Under $50
11. Leather Toiletry Case – Can be paired with tallow balm (link in this section), beard oil or balm, or a collection of travel-sized essentials.
12. Shiitake mushroom log kit – When my husband and l lived on a farm we grew our own mushrooms using this exact method. They tend to produce for 2-3 years, which means tons of delicious mushrooms for stir-frys, salads, homemade stuffing, and more. Just soak the oak or sweetgum log that has been infused with shiitake spores, store it in a damp, cool, dark place, and give it about six weeks to fruit. After harvesting, just re-soak and harvest again. If you prefer velvety oyster mushrooms, there’s a kit for those, too.
13. Blue Blocking Glasses from Defendershield (SAVE 20% WITH CODE MP20) – Computer screens, TV’s, phones and even regular light bulbs emit blue light, which the body perceives as sunlight. Blue light exposure after sundown can suppresses the release of melatonin, which disrupts our bodies process of preparing for sleep at night. My husband I and both wear blue blocking glasses at night – they’ve definitely helped us fall asleep easier and improved our overall sleep quality.
14. Toups & Co. Frankincense Tallow Balm (SAVE 10% WITH CODE MP10) – Because men have skin, too, and this stuff smells amazing. 🙂
15. Stainless Steel Manual Coffee Grinder – For travel, camping and hiking. Because coffee.
16. Shiatsu Pillow Massager with Heat – We have one of these and it’s amazing for working on the neck, shoulders, lower back, thighs and calves.
Gift Ideas Over $50
17. Joovv Go Portable Red Light Therapy Device – Red light therapy has been shown to be helpful for collagen production, improving skin clarity, optimizing hormone levels, facilitating muscle recovery and more. In this post I explain why it works, plus what to look for in a red light therapy device.
18. Lifepro Vibration Plate (SAVE $10 WITH CODE MP10) – My first experience with whole body vibration therapy was at a wellness clinic, and it made such a difference in my overall well-being that I bought one when I returned home. It supports detoxification (via lymphatic drainage) and calms the sympathetic (fight or flight) nervous system. It can also be used to amplify the effectiveness of exercise, and my husband and I use it for at-home workouts.
19. Swanwick Sleep Aviator Blue Blocking Glasses – Like the Defendershield glasses mentioned above, these blue light glasses can improve sleep by filtering out melatonin-disrupting blue light.
20. Cooling Bamboo Weighted Blanket from Luna – Perfect for hot sleepers, this blanket helps calm the sympathetic nervous system (fight or flight mode) and increase parasympathetic activity (rest and recuperation mode). It can be used in the daytime to create a sense of well-being.
21. MyoBuddy Massager (SAVE $50 WITH CODE MOMMYPOTAMUS) – This myofascial release massager is helpful for people who tend to carry a lot of muscle tension, are athletes, or deal with chronic pain. It does all types of massage: Relaxation, Trigger Point, Deep Tissue, Recovery, Sports, Circulatory, Friction, Percussion, and Mobility. With coupon code MOMMYPOTAMUS you can save $50 off the Pro2, $100 off the Pro2+ and $150 off the Couples or Recovery Package.
22. TimTam Pocket Massager – For people who primarily deal with tough muscle knots and aches, the massage guns that have taken over social media lately may be a good option. The best ones combine percussion therapy with vibration therapy to help release tension in both surface and deep tissue layers. Many are in the $400+ range, but this one is about half that and is made by one of the highest rated manufacturers on the market.
23. Eco-Friendly Leather Messenger/Laptop Bag – This bag is very sturdy and perfect for a laptop (15 inch or smaller) and a few books. It’s made with natural tanning techniques and is ethically crafted by an artisan community in the desert region of Rajasthan, India.
24. Wild Man Grooming Kit – This woodsy-scented gift set is made with high-quality, natural ingredients and packaged in a rustic crate with moss and dried botanicals. Think fir needles, fresh-cut lumber, and mountain air.
25. DefenderShield Phone Case (SAVE 20% WITH CODE MP20) – Independently tested by the FCC, this phone case uses conductive, non-conductive and advanced absorption shielding materials together to block, divert, and absorb EMFs, Radio Frequency (RF) and heat radiation.
26. Kindle Paperwhite – This e-reader is my husband’s favorite way to read. After hours on a computer, the Kindle offers convenience without the eyestrain of a computer screen. It’s smaller than a tablet and lights up in the dark so he can read without a flashlight. I like that he can add to his library often without us having to install extra bookshelves we don’t really have space for. (Fyi, he downloads books via wifi and then reads in airplane mode to keep the device low-EMF.)
27. Sound + Sleep SE Noise Machine– If you’ve ever tried to drown out the sound of barking dogs, loud neighbors, or other disruptive sounds, you know how helpful sound machines can be for falling (and staying) asleep.
Unfortunately, white noise machines contain harsh, high-pitched frequencies that can actually raise cortisol levels, which is why many manufacturers have begun offering other (more soothing) colors of noise – particularly pink and brown.
In nature, you’ll find pink noise by listening to the sound of crashing waves or rustling leaves, while brown noise is deeper . . . think rumbling thunder or the low roar of a large waterfall.
With 64 settings, the Sound + Sleep SE pretty much has it all. Most of the settings are natural sounds that have been recorded in the environment – a few are fan sounds and such – but you won’t find any annoying or abrupt noises within the real-life recordings.
Here are some other reasons to consider it:
- It has an adaptive microphone, which means that if your environment gets louder it will increase volume to mask it.
- There are a range of pink and brown noises to try. For example, the water sounds are mostly brown noise with a little pink sprinkled in, and the plane setting is on the higher end of pink (close to white) which can be helpful for tinnitus.
- The front panel dims so you’re not getting loads of circadian-disrupting light at night.
- Can play continuous sound all night, but also comes with an optional timer that can be set for 30, 60, 90 or 120 minutes.
DIY Father’s Day Gift Ideas
Homemade Beard Oil – This homemade beard oil softens and tames scruff, reduces skin flaking (aka “beardruff”), and smells great. You only need a few ingredients to make it, too.
Bay Rum Aftershave – Clean and woodsy with spicy notes and a hint of citrus, this aftershave smells amazing.
More Gift Guides
- Mother’s Day Gift Guide
- Holiday Gift Guide for Everyone On Your List
- Thoughtful Last Minute Gift Ideas
Continue reading 25+ Father’s Day Gift Ideas (That He’ll Love)…