In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua and Ryan talk about the problem of busyness and how we can better manage our time, and they answer the following questions:
- Why can’t we ever seem to get ahead of our to-do lists?
- What lists do you find helpful?
- What is “busyness”?
- How do we gain more discretionary time despite the onslaught of modern obligations and responsibilities?
- Is striving for work-life balance a fruitless endeavor?
- Are there any tools that can help with our overwhelm?
- What is the fear related to busyness?
- What can someone do if they feel they’re too busy to figure out how to become less busy?
- Would you be doing what you’re doing today if you only had six months left to live?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “We are too busy only because we don’t understand why we are busy.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “We are too busy because we have too much time.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “Busy is an excuse, not a lifestyle.” —Ryan Nicodemus
Mentioned in This Episode
- Added Value: Fake Famous
- App: Clubhouse
- Book: A World without Email
- Book: Essential
- Essay: Hell, Yeah! or No
- Essay: The Success Template
- Instagram: Jordan Moore
- Instagram: Podcast Shawn
- Instagram: Jess Williams
- Patreon: The Minimalists
- Podcast: Minimalism Today
- Podcast: Obligations
- Resources: The Minimalists
- Subscribe: The Minimalists
- Text: 937-202-4654
- Tour: The Minimalists
- Watch: Let’s Talk About Being Busy