In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua and Ryan talk about how to take back control of our income and our creative outcomes by making a living on our own as an aspiring creator, small business owner, artist, or entrepreneur with the CEO of Patreon, Jack Conte, and they answer the following questions:
- Why did Jack start Patreon?
- Where do you find the most practical feedback from your audience?
- How do I best prepare myself to make the jump from working full-time for others to working full-time as a small business owner with as much tranquility as possible?
- What should be my primary focus as a budding entrepreneur?
- How did Jack benefit from his “not be prudent” approach to his professional pursuits?
- When do you know it’s time to turn your side hustle into your full-time business?
- What is the first step I should take to become an online creator?
- What do you mean by “add value”?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “Change occurs when the status quo becomes unbearable.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “Playing it safe will keep you alive; embracing change will help you thrive.” —Ryan Nicodemus
Mentioned in This Episode
- Added Value: “Dreams”
- Added Value: Visualize Value
- Book: Love People, Use Things
- Book: Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life
- Facebook: Jack Conte
- Instagram: Jack Conte
- Instagram: Jordan Moore
- Instagram: Podcast Shawn
- Instagram: Jess Williams
- Patreon: The Minimalists
- Podcast: How to Love
- Podcast: Minimalism Today
- Resources: The Minimalists
- Subscribe: The Minimalists
- Text: 937-202-4654
- Tour: The Minimalists
- Twitter: Jack Conte
- Watch: Less Is Now
- Watch: Minimalism
- Watch: Why Do People Watch Rhett & Link?
- Website: Jack Conte
- YouTube: Matt D’Avella