In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua and Ryan talk about how minimalism, in more ways than one, is about starting over with less, and they answer the following questions:
- How do we start over?
- As I’m letting everything go and starting over, how do I explain it to my friends and family who think I am crazy or terminally ill?
- What advice do you have for those of us dealing with the stress and anxiety of being forced to start over professionally after being let go from our jobs?
- What is absolutely essential?
- What two questions should we ask ourselves when we’re considering a fresh start?
- How important is an emergency fund when you’re starting over?
- Is starting over simply a matter of considering a new direction?
- When you’re starting over from scratch and you realize you can’t do it alone, how do you get over your pride and ask others for help?
- What is the difference between enhancement and dependency?
- Why should we give money rather than loan money?
- When you’re starting over with nothing, how do you live without sentimental stuff in your life?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “Minimalists don’t focus on owning nothing—they focus on owning only that which adds value to their lives.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “Thriving with less is better than surviving with more.” —Ryan Nicodemus
Mentioned in This Episode
- Added Value: “My Poor Heart”
- Book: Everything That Remains
- Book: Love People, Use Things
- Essay: Getting Laid Off
- Instagram: Jordan Moore
- Instagram: Podcast Shawn
- Instagram: Jess Williams
- Patreon: The Minimalists
- Podcast: Erwin McManus
- Resources: The Minimalists
- Subscribe: The Minimalists
- Text: 937-202-4654
- Tour: The Minimalists
- Watch: Studio Tour #1
- Watch: Studio Tour #2
- Watch: Studio Tour #3