In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua and Ryan talk about all the digital clutter on our computers, phones, tablets, and other devices taking up space on our hard drives and in our minds, and they answer the following questions:
- What are the benefits of not having digital clutter taking up space in your mind?
- What is the Diderot effect?
- What do you define as ‘digital clutter’?
- Where do we start in addressing digital clutter to ensure we stay focused and motivated and not get overwhelmed with all of it?
- As an avid gamer, how do I ensure I don’t let my enthusiasm and passion for gaming turn into clutter with all of the games and consoles available, and how do I ensure it doesn’t consume me to the detriment of my relationships?
- How about a basic overview of how to manage it all: emails, documents, photos?
- How can overwhelm actually help us?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “Doing less is not about the doing—it’s about the less.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “It is not enough to be busy; the question is: what are we busy about?” —Ryan Nicodemus
Mentioned in This Episode
- Added Value: “Life Got Crazy”
- Book: Love People, Use Things
- Book: Minimalist Rulebook
- Essay: Questions to Ask Before Purchasing
- Essay: Your Five Most Precious Resources
- Explore: Love People Use Things Challenge
- Instagram: Jordan Moore
- Instagram: Podcast Shawn
- Instagram: Danny Unknwn
- Instagram: Jess Williams
- Patreon: The Minimalists
- Resources: The Minimalists
- Subscribe: The Minimalists
- Text: 937-202-4654
- Tour: The Minimalists