In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua and Ryan discuss our escalating advice epidemic as our society swells with scores of well-meaning people advising other people on what they are supposed to do, and they answer the following questions:
- What are ‘shoulds’?
- What possesses some people to insist on giving others unsolicited advice?
- How can we provide appropriate advice and/or guidance to loved ones to alter behaviors that are impacting us negatively?
- How do our expectations complicate things?
- How do we critically evaluate all the ‘shoulds’ out there and take what works for each of us?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “The Truth does not require persuasion, coaxing, or coercion—it is the Truth whether you are convinced or not.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “There are no ‘shoulds’—only ‘coulds.’ —Ryan Nicodemus
Mentioned in This Episode
- Added Value: “Pressure Machine”
- Book: Love People, Use Things
- Clubhouse: The Minimalists
- Essay: Packing Party
- Essay: Play the 30-Day Minimalism Game
- Essay: The Advice Epidemic
- Instagram: Jordan Moore
- Instagram: Podcast Shawn
- Instagram: Danny Unknwn
- Instagram: Jess Williams
- Patreon: The Minimalists
- Resources: The Minimalists
- Subscribe: The Minimalists
- Text: 937-202-4654
- Tour: The Minimalists