In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua and Ryan talk about resisting the incessant tug of consumerism while striving to simplify, and they answer the following questions:
- How do we overcome our shopping addiction?
- What are the three prime indicators of compulsive buying?
- What is consumerism?
- When does something become an addiction?
- Why do people have shopping addictions?
- When creating a capsule wardrobe and running up against challenges regarding durability, should we buy more clothes at once or purchase clothes more often?
- What is Project 333?
- How do I adjust my shopping habits so they better align with my minimalist practices?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “Clutter doesn’t make you discontented—chasing contentment through consumerism does.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “The ‘how’ is most useful after you understand the ‘why.’” —Ryan Nicodemus
Mentioned in This Episode
- Added Value: “Personal Shopper”
- Article: What Is Compulsive Buying Disorder?
- Book: Love People, Use Things
- Essay: Changing Your Life Won’t Change Your Life
- Instagram: Jordan Moore
- Instagram: Podcast Shawn
- Instagram: Danny Unknwn
- Instagram: Jess Williams
- Patreon: The Minimalists
- Resources: The Minimalists
- Subscribe: The Minimalists
- Text: 937-202-4654
- TikTok: The Minimalists
- Tour: The Minimalists
- Website: Project 333