In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua and Ryan talk about finding something more compelling than material possessions, and they answer the following questions:
- Why is Salt Lake City one of Joshua’s favorite cities?
- How do I explain to my children the importance of curating their toys in terms they’ll understand?
- How do I let go of a relationship I didn’t end?
- Why am I relentlessly searching for the next thing that will improve my life, and how do I better channel that energy?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “Letting go doesn’t make you happy; it makes room for what’s important.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “To let go is to love.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “Doing less isn’t about the doing; it’s about the less.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “Happiness doesn’t come from addition; it is uncovered with subtraction.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “Dear preppers: you can’t trade canned corn for the love of a community.” —Ryan Nicodemus
- “The only person’s love you need is your own.” —Ryan Nicodemus
- “How you spend your time is more important than how you spend your money.” —Ryan Nicodemus
Mentioned in This Episode
- Book: Grieving Is Loving
- Book: Love People, Use Things
- Book: The Way to Love
- Instagram: Jordan Moore
- Instagram: Podcast Shawn
- Listen: Less Is Now
- Listen: Minimalism
- Patreon: The Minimalists
- Resources: The Minimalists
- Subscribe: The Minimalists
- Text: 937-202-4654
- Tour: The Minimalists