In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua and Ryan are joined by Ryan’s wife, Mariah, on the occasion of his 40th birthday, and they talk about the wisdom that accompanies midlife maturity, as well as answer the following questions:
- When do maturity, wisdom, and knowledge best align?
- What is Ryan’s favorite dinner?
- How have your needs in a romantic partnership changed as you move toward your 40s?
- What is “whataboutism”?
- How has responding instead of reacting helped your relationship?
- Are Ryan and Mariah always in agreement regarding their minimalist practices; and, if not, how do they find compromise with one another?
- How do you find equilibrium in your relationship when an individual is on their minimalist journey but their partner is not?
- What is the “hedonic treadmill”?
- What guests have you had at your tour stops?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “It takes two to tangle.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “Compliance is not a prerequisite for love.” —Ryan Nicodemus
- “Their journey is not your journey.” —Ryan Nicodemus
Mentioned in This Episode
- Added Value: “Quicksand”
- Book: Everything That Remains
- Book: Love People, Use Things
- Book: The Four Agreements
- Essay: How to Understand Your Values
- Essay: Lessons from the Fall
- Instagram: Emma Krebs
- Instagram: Jordan Moore
- Instagram: Podcast Shawn
- Instagram: Danny Unknwn
- Patreon: The Minimalists
- Podcast: How to Love
- Podcast: Mel Robbins
- Resources: The Minimalists
- Subscribe: The Minimalists
- Text: 937-202-4654
- Tour: The Minimalists