In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua and Ryan talk about expired food, expired medications, expired possessions, and expired daily habits, and they answer the following questions:
- How can we appropriately manage the expiration dates of everything in our lives?
- Is the expiration date listed on food the last day it can be used?
- How do I appropriately let go of perishable items that no longer serve me, especially when there was a degree of expense involved?
- What do you consider clutter?
- What can we do about expired sources of content, such as a blog with dated viewpoints, narratives, and opinions?
- How do we determine when we’ve entered a new season in life and it’s time to let go of hobbies, friendships, and dreams of past seasons?
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “Less content, more contentment.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “Clinging corrupts contentment.” —Ryan Nicodemus
Mentioned in This Episode
- Added Value: “Follow Me Around”
- Article: Food Expiration Dates
- Article: Food Expiration Dates: What to Know
- Book: Love People, Use Things
- Book: Minimalist Rulebook
- Instagram: Mallory French
- Instagram: Emma Krebs
- Instagram: Jordan Moore
- Instagram: Podcast Shawn
- Instagram: Jessica Williams
- Instagram: Danny Unknwn
- Patreon: The Minimalists
- Podcast: Fit Soul
- Podcast: Spontaneous Combustion
- Podcast: The Curious One Podcast
- Resources: The Minimalists
- Subscribe: The Minimalists
- Text: 937-202-4654
- Tour: The Minimalists